Thursday, June 5, 2008

Austrian Open Golf


This week I am back in my spiritual home of Austria, I love it here and really seriously considering a full time move to Klagenfurt in Carinthia. I am meant to be shooting golf this week however the weather gods have put a dampner on that, quite literally, its bucketing it down.The good news is yesterday I got to shoot and meet one of my all time heroes Austrian skier Franz Klammer, it was watching him ski many many moons ago on tv, that first drew me to skiing. I also managed to get a brief chat with another skiing legend Stephan Eberharter (hope its spelt right)Photographing golf is not that difficult, there are a few rules, basically dont shoot when they are in a swing or putt, and stay out of line of sight, most of the guys I have spoken to are ok, but there are some guys on the tour that always like to shout and scream at photographers for putting them off, personally I think they are just using it as an excuse because they had a shit shot!!! how a little soft mechanical click can put off a professional sportsman is beyond me!!
I will add some shots into a gallery later.
Mitch

No comments: