Monday, October 18, 2010

A new season is about to begin

Wow it has been a whole year since I last blogged, I am a bad bad boy!! This season I will blog from each race I cover or training session.
With the World Cup starting in just 5 days I have already been up on a glacier in Austria to get some practice, both on skis and taking photos!!
I was quite lucky in the fact that members of the British ski team were training so I not only got to catch up with the guys and girls, but also managed to get some ok stock action shots just in case the British newspapers require them


British Alpine Ski Team 2010/11 season - Images by Sportsphotographers.eu .

With a new season comes new challenges, which races do I cover, logistics finding out who the new racers are stuff like that. For the main part of the season I will probably concentrate on the women's races because Lindsey Vonn (USA) is still big news, and my American clients are always after new pictures. Also this season I hope to be submitting articles into a race magazine about things I see or do on the tour, not in a paparazzi way though.. My first article will be about a young Russian skier I met recently who at the age of 17 was a national champion, but by the age of 20 is consigned to training with the childrens team after 2 seasons off due to horrific injuries.

Some blatant self promotion coming up!!
you can follow me on Twitter @ESPAsportphotos or facebook www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Sportsphotographereu/182264059113?v=wall

Also for this season some of the images can be made available to purchase as a print, either on paper or canvas. All images can be found at www.sportsphotographer.eu and if you see a photo you like email me through the website and I will see if that image can be printed (image rights dependant)

3 comments:

chris said...

hi, just bumped into your blog, really good. Wonder why you didn't have a 1D fo shooting solden.

Mitchell Gunn said...

Hi Chris

I use a Canon EOS 1d mk3 for most of my sports stuff.

chris said...

thanks, sorry I meant a 5D.